Monday, September 13, 2010

Chung Hae - Sashimi & Sushi

It's been so long the craving for Korean food but not until the night before my birthday this year, I finally had the chance to eat at a Korean restaurant. I was so lucky when a friend of mine invited me to join a gathering in a Korean restaurant. Although this Korean restaurant doesn't really served many authentic Korean food; it offers more Japanese food but still, I was so delighted and grateful to be able to eat in this restaurant for the delicious dinner, besides I considered it as my birthday present :)

In this Chung Hae restaurant, there are several set menus available. My friend chose a set menu that adequate for 5 people and cost more than USD 60 plus tax and service charge.

Appetizers



Sashimi


Salmon with raw garlic, fermented sweet salty soy bean on a leaf
(it's not lettuce, I'm not so sure the kind of this leave)


Fish rolled in seaweed


Fish Soup


Spicy fish soup, very hot!


Sushi rolls.


Dessert
Red beans ice cream


Location:
Chung Hae - Sashimi & Sushi
Jl. Mahakam I No. 28
Kebayoran Baru
Jakarta Selatan
Tel: 021 - 7397032

Disclaimer:
The review and opinion expressed here are purely according to my personal taste. There's a possibility that the taste of the food might change later on, which could affect the review and opinion here. I also affirm that no monetary or non-monetary compensation has been received from this restaurant for writing this review.

15 comments:

  1. Yum! I am always craving Korean food too. Too bad you're not here. We could eat it together all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures are all so beautiful! What a delicious meal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mica: Yeas, how I wish that we could eat Korean food together :) It's so hard for me to find someone who want to go for Korean food.

    gene: thanks!

    faith: thanks for the compliment :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. drool at the generous servings of sashimi, and the spicy soup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. noobcook: The sashimi is wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're right! It looks more Japanese than Korean, but I like both anyway, so it's still a place I would love to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. CG: When you are back in Jakarta, give it a try! I'll recommend it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. seldom take korean food but these look really amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. MTH: I also rarely eat Korean food :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy belated birthday! I haven't tried Korean food so far because my hubby doesn't like it. Maybe we should go together if you come to Singapore one day. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. choi yen: tell you the truth, it's also my first time ;)

    FFT: Thanks! Deal! Next time when I visit Singapore, we eat Koran food, ok :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. A delicious meal! Everything looks so good here! Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs