Sunday, January 10, 2010

Revisit Sushi Tei, Jakarta

Feeling the urge for some Japanese food, my ex-colleagues and I decided to head down to the nearest Sushi Tei Restaurant from the office.

We started with a glass of warm green tea.

Green Tea
sushi tei

I think, we must have been cats in our past lives as I realized that most of the dishes we had ordered had salmon in them :)

Salmon Misomayo (Rp. 58.000) is my ex-colleague's favorite dish.
sushi tei

Fried Salmon Skin (Rp. 28.000).
I didn't try it because I'm not a fan of fish skin.
sushi tei

Shared together a plate of fresh Salmon (Rp. 37.000)
sushi tei

I had Salmon Teriyaki (Rp. 50.000), delicious!
sushi tei

Misoshiru -Miso soup (Rp. 15.000)
sushi tei

One of my ex-colleagues chose Sukiyaki (Rp. 65.000) since she was not really feeling healthy that day.
sushi tei

Chocospoon (Rp. 20.000) was chosen as dessert by my ex-colleagues.
sushi tei

As for me, I ended my meal with a scoop of green tea ice cream.
So smooth and creamy!
Matcha Ice Cream (Rp. 18.000)
sushi tei

All prices are subjected to 10% tax and 5.5% service charge
1 USD = Rp. 9.300

Related post: Sushi Tei, Jakarta

Disclaimer:The review and opinion expressed here are purely according to my personal taste. There's a possibility that the taste of the food might change later on, which could affect the review and opinion here. I also affirm that no monetary or non-monetary compensation has been received from this restaurant for writing this review.

21 comments:

  1. All that lovely food!! I like the look of the Salmon Misomayo - yum!
    Happy 2010 to you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always in awe in the presentation of Asian food. I mean all restaurants do a good job, but for some reason, there's is always up a notch.

    That might be a bit salmon overload for some, but hey, sometimes you can't get too much of a good thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Jan, that Salmon Misomayo looks awesome!!! I wonder how it's made? I would have chosen the Green Tea ice cream too!!!

    I wish I lived by you Selba, you give the best glimpses into the world of food in your neck of the woods. Thank you so much for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This all looks so very good. That misoshiru soup is particularly appealing. I love to visit here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy spread of food! I love salmon too -- your salmon teriyaki looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The food looks different from the Sushi Tei in Singapore.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That really looks good. I love crispy salmon skin.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A little too green eh? The green tea ice-cream.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That fresh salmon is gorgeous. It all looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. their salmon are thick compare to others.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Sushi Tei. My fave items (on the Singapore menu) are seafood salad, lobster mentai and hiyashi ramen ... yum!

    ReplyDelete
  12. so cute la u.. not a fan of fish skin! hehe.. i like the way u put it:P
    nice salmon.. can i have some? :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. i just miss the food in there... and the branch in kl, still think that jakarta 1 is better..

    ReplyDelete
  14. We hv Sushi tei here too! But there is so many otr Jap outlets here that Sushi Tei here doesnt stand out as much ;)

    ps: I hate fish skins too! Euhhh.. cant udrstd how anyone can eat those!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely meal! I especially love the specialties with salmon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Is this from the same group that manages Nippon Tei? Cos Nippon Tei is one of my regular haunts in KL for their lovely agedeshi tofu... :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Everything looks very good! IT's all very elegantly plated too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks everyone for your comments here! :)

    louise: I found a recipe of Salmon Misomayo from: http://caloriecount.about.com/salmon-miso-mayo-recipe-r94030#ixzz0cZQEKOON
    Maybe you can give it a try :)

    Ingredients
    200 g salmon fillets
    3 tbs light mayonnaise
    10 g miso
    2 shitake mushrooms
    15 g cheddar cheese
    1/2 red onion

    Directions
    1. mix miso and mayo
    2. spread on foil
    3. put salmon on top, add rest of misomayo and cheese
    4. put onions and mushrooms on
    5. close foil parcel
    6. bake gas 4 10 min
    7. open foil bake 5 more mins

    ReplyDelete
  19. j2kfm: Too green? Really? Looks normal to me ;)

    cumi&ciki: sure.. sure.. sure :D

    Life for Beginners: Uhm... I don't think that Sushi Tei is under Nippon Tei's management.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs