But then last week, a colleague told that there's a very delicious Bubur Ayam (Chicken Rice Porridge. Trans: Bubur = Porridge, Ayam = Chicken) near to the office, thus out of curiousity, I gave it a try..... and....
*rolling the drums*
Yup, it's true... it's yummy... :)
This is a common cart of Bubur Ayam on the street that you can find easily here in Jakarta in the morning.
The vendor is preparing the "take - away" Bubur Ayam.
Toppings for Bubur Ayam
The step by step preparation:
1. Pour the porridge into the styrofoam box.
2. then pour the chicken oil & broth and salty soya sauce.
3. Pour the sweet soya sauce.
4. Put the Kerupuk (sago chips) and Emping (malinjo chips)
5. Add slices of Cakwee (yaotiao/ yau char kway) and chopped celery leaves
6. Then fried soybeans and tong cai (mustard green pickle)
7. The final touch, chicken on the top :)
1 box of Bubur Ayam costs Rp. 6.000
1 U$ = Rp. 12.000
1 RM = Rp. 3.300)